12.27.2016

Happy Holidays!!!

Phew! We made it through our first Christmas with little Maura and she did so well! Much better than I anticipated considering the hustle and bustle and excitement the last few days.
Sorry it's blurry, it's off my phone, but she had the most adorable Christmas jammies that she didn't actually wear on Christmas because we had a heat wave and it was just too hot for fleece! That's definitely not the norm here in Ohio, yesterday we hit a record high of 68* and today it's supposed to snow later. It's weird.

Anywho, as far as quilting goes I am taking this week to do some selfish sewing of this guy:
I finished this top almost two years ago and it's just begging to be quilted. I had a plan, it was all drawn out - but somehow in the last couple weeks of Christmas chaos it disappeared and I'm starting over. Hopefully I can figure out the plan this morning and get to quilting tonight after everyone else is asleep... Cross your fingers. I have coffee, a pencil, a printout (or three) and a napping baby at the moment, I think I can, I think I can! 

I'm hoping to get this one quilted up and enter it into the Lake Farmpark show this year, which means I have to quilt fast! The quilts need to be entered in just a few weeks. I think I can! I think I can!

After this little pause it will be back to quilting and cooking and playing with the baby (whose not such a baby anymore I guess). I'm taking in quilts and planning ahead for this year, if I play my cards just right I may even be able to post my schedule here soon. Granted the computer and I don't get as much one-on-one time as we used to, but that's okay with me! 

I'll be posting more soon. From my little family to yours - I hope you had an amazing Christmas and I hope 2017 has all the best in store for you! I have a feeling it's going to be wonderful! -Rebecca

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What cute jammies on a real cutie! Maura always has such a beautiful smile. May she always look at life with a great sense of humour. Your quilt is fantastic. What beautiful colours! Wow. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...